We are Drainflow Solutions Limited. We share your concern about the protection of your personal information and are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
This document covers the information we collect about you, whether via our web site or through direct contact with you. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be treated.
We will be the “controller” of the personal information which you provide to us, or which we collect from you.
- Personal information that we collect
We collect a range of personal information relating to you, including your:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
- Billing address
- IP address
- Identification documents
- Any other personal information that you choose to provide us when you make contact with us
- How we use your personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer
- To provide agreed services to you
- For invoicing and processing payments
- To communicate with you, including to respond to information requests/enquiries submitted and/or to obtain your feedback on our services
- For record keeping, statistical analysis and internal reporting and research purposes
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To decide on and notify you about price changes
- To monitor the quality of our services
- To investigate any complaint you make
- To provide evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
- For debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and for risk management purposes
- To protect the rights, property, and for safety of Seofon, its personnel and others
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products and services by email and post, as long as this is in line with any marketing preferences that you have provided us.
We will only send you direct marketing in relation to our own services by email:
- Where you have consented to this: or
- Were you have not objected to this, and we are marketing similar /complimentary services to those which you already receive from us
- To keep you informed of industry or legal changes which will affect the running of your or our business
Your agreement to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes is optional and if you choose not to consent, your use of services will not be affected.
You can choose to opt out of direct marketing information from us at any time, through the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email you receive, or by contacting us directly
- By mail – Drainflow Solutions Ltd, 24 Howard Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 6AB.
- By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone – 07710469748
- By filling in the enquiry form on our website
If you choose to apply for a job with us we will ask you to complete and application form and send us a CV and a covering letter. We will send you a privacy notice which provides specific information about how your personal information will be handled in connection with your application.
- Legal basis for processing
In terms of the legal bases we rely on for processing your personal information, these are as follows:
- Where you have provided your consent: for direct marketing communications in respect of our own services, including in respect of marketing communications sent by electronic means (e.g. email)
- For the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract
- To comply with legal obligations, including in relation to health and safety, performing anti-money laundering checks, complaints and investigations or litigations
- To protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person e.g. where you or they are seriously injured or ill, or
- For our legitimate interests in:
- Management of your contract (including processing payments) and our relationship with you, and communicating with you
- Operating our website
- Our internal business purposes which may include processing for the purposes of: record keeping, research, reporting and statistics, data security, to ensure the quality of our services, investigating and responding to queries and complaints, changing our pricing, debt collection, fraud detection and prevention, risk management, recruitment and training of our personnel, and protecting our rights, property and safety (and that of others). You can object to processing carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests at any time by emailing email@example.com. See also “Your Right – the right to object”
- How we share your personal information
When we use your personal information for the purposes specified above, we do not share it with anyone else.
In addition we may share your personal information with:
- Third party providers in order for us to process payment that are due to us, which may entail sharing bank details
- Third party providers and agents we appoint to perform services on our behalf, who are provided with access to certain Drainflow Solutions Ltd customer information in order to provide service on our behalf (e.g. contractors and our Payroll provider)
- Our accountants, auditors, lawyers or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice
- Emergency services in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents or request emergency assistance
- Any Government Department, public body or other third party where we believe in good faith that the law requires this; in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Drainfow Solutions Ltd, its personnel or others
- Any third parties, if authorised by you to do so
We ensure that, where possible your personal information is kept inside the European Economic Area. Where your personal information is transferred to any country outside the European Economic Area this is done using ‘model clauses’ (standard contractual clauses which have been approved by the European commission as providing adequate safeguards to enable personal data to be transferred outside the European Economic Area) or other specifically legally-approved safeguards.
The performance of services by our third-party service provider(s) may be subject to a separate privacy statement provided to you by the relevant third party. You should read such statements carefully.
- How long do we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time
- Statute of limitations under applicable law(s)
- (potential) disputes
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed. For the majority of our customers this will be after 7 years.
- Links to third party websites
Our Website may contain links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites’ use of any personal information. Nevertheless, in the event that you encounter any third party associated with our Website (or who claims association with our Website) who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to forward your message to the third party.
If and when we sponsor promotions or events, or third parties sponsor promotions or events in association with our Website, either we or the third party will post relevant privacy information in the official rules and/or registration area for the promotion. That privacy information, to the extent (if any) it conflicts with this Privacy Statement, will govern that particular promotion or event.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information we process.
Where appropriate we will provide additional secure ways to transfer personal data to us depending on the service that you have from us.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide us, no transmission over the Internet, or by email, can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
- Your Rights
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do under data protection laws. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
- The right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we are providing you with information in this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if we are processing it), and other certain information (similar to that provided in the Privacy Statement) about how it is used.
This is so you are aware and can check that we are using your personal data in accordance with the data protection law.
We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person’s rights.
- The right to rectification
You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information it it’s inaccurate or incomplete e.g. if we have the wrong name or date of birth for you.
- The right to be forgotten
In simple terms this enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep on using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure: there are exceptions, e.g where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim
- The right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in the future.
- The right to data portability
You have rights to obtain and reuse certain personal information for your own purposes across different organisations. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily between our IT systems and theirs (or directly to yourself) safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This only applies to your personal information that you have provided to us that we are processing with your consent or to perform a contract which you are a part to (such as pay and compensation services), which is being processed by automated means.
- The right to object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Drainflow Solutions Ltd or by a third party. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override (your) interest, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions.
Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
- Updating this statement
We review our privacy notices from time to time. We ask that you bookmark and periodically review this page for updates to our Privacy Statement We reserve the right to modify this policy effective seven (7) days after the posting of the revised Privacy Statement
- Contact us
For further information regarding these rights, about this Privacy Statement generally or to make a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com, or call us on 07710469748.
Please provide as much information as possible to help us identify the information you are requesting, the action you are wanting us to take and why you believe this action should be taken.
Before assessing your request, we may request additional information in order to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, as a result we are not in a position to identify you, we may refuse your action request.
We will generally respond to your request within one month of receipt of your request. We can extend this period by an additional two months if this is necessary taking into account the complexity and number of requests that you have submitted.
We will not charge you for such communications or actions we take, unless:
- You request additional copies or your personal data undergoing processing un which case we may charge for our reasonable administrative costs, or
You submit manifestly unfounded to excessive requests, in particular because of their repetitive character, in which case we may either (a)charge for our reasonable administrative costs; or (b) refuse to act on the request.
If after contact with Drainflow Solutions Ltd, you are still unhappy you may also complain to the Information Commissioner, all contact details are available on the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/